In today’s post, I would like to explain what happens when Venus in a person’s chart is weak or debilitated. I will also recommend some traditional Vedic remedies.
A planet in debilitation is weak in its nature and exhibits very few of its natural beneficial or useful characteristics. It is also considered Sushupta, “sleeping”, so its qualities are in a dormant state. This can be compared to a soldier who is in a deep sleep. He cannot take orders from his general and enemies can easily overpower him.
There are many possible instances indicating the weakness of Venus in one’s chart. Here are some of them:
- Venus is debilitated in Virgo, while its full debilitation (most painful effects) occur when this planet is in the 27 degrees of Virgo.
- Venus in difficult houses: 6, 8, 12.
- Venus low in Shad Bala (planetary strength), especially when it does not meet its required percentage in most individual Balas.
- Venus combust (very close to the Sun).
- Venus aspected by or conjunct with Rahu or Ketu, especially if Saturn, Mars, or Sun are also present in the same house.
- Venus aspected by or conjunct with the Moon.
- Venus weak in divisional charts, as indicated by its low Vimshopaka Bala score.
When several of these factors combine, a traditional Vedic remedy is a necessity. If you would like to preview your Vedic natal chart and see where your Venus is placed, please see the CALCULATOR. If you are new to Vedic astrology and would like to learn more about the strength of your Venus (and all your other planets), as well as receive more personalised remedies for your problems, please consider checking out my affordable birth chart readings HERE.
What does it mean, however, when a person’s natal Venus is not very strong?
In Vedic astrology, Venus is a planet responsible for obtaining fulfilment and nourishment from the external world in a way that is not damaging to oneself or to others. We use Venus to evaluate the choices available to us and make decisions based on a sense of worth and dignity. When Venus is weak, a person may lack diplomacy skills and he or she is likely to exemplify behaviours that are coarse, unrefined, or aggressive. Some people with afflicted Venus may not care much about external appearance. In a woman’s chart, feminine qualities will be diminished or suppressed, while men will suffer from discontentment in romantic relationships. Sexual imbalances will be noted, from possible frigidity to adulterous affairs. In either case, maintaining harmony and balance in relationships will be difficult. There is generally a tendency to engage in activities that may not be very fulfilling or worth the effort because an individual is unable to fully evaluate their worth. There could be a difficulty with maintaining a fair exchange with others. The fulfilment or payment a person gets is less than the work or commitment involved.
The following is a list of both traditional and modern remedies for an afflicted Venus. If you would like to improve the strength of this planet, pick a few of these suggestions and try to implement them in your daily life.
- Find a creative outlet such as drawing, singing, or dancing.
- Some jewellery, good clothes, and well-groomed appearance can help, provided your self-image is not totally dependent on these external enhancements.
- Dark and heavy colours are not good, nor are colours that are too bright or penetrating. Light, flowery, and pastel-like colours are best.
- Cultivate refinement and sensitivity in your life.
- Try do be more diplomatic in your speech.
- Venus likes all flowers and fragrances like rose, saffron, jasmine, lotus, lily, and iris. These are great for improving Venusian energy.
- Whenever you undertake a new project or venture, make sure to properly evaluate its value and effort required to complete it.
- Decorate your living space with some beautiful objects — flowers or art.
- Avoid jealousy and other negative feelings towards women.
When it comes to spiritual practice, you can worship deities of grace and refinement, such as Venus, Aphrodite, Lakshmi, Lalita, Astarte, and Ishtar. If you are looking for a specific incarnation of Vishnu connected to Venus, I would personally recommend to worship Lord Parashurama.
Parashurama relates to the planet of Venus. He is the Brahmin warrior who destroys the negative forces that rule over us in our ignorance. Venus in Vedic thought is the guide of the Ashuras, the negative forces in the universe. Parashurama represents the martial side of Venus as the Ashura-guru who must chastise these malefic forces. When these negative forces submit to his guidance, he can lead them to the divine path. Similarly, worshipping Parashurama helps us to transform and uplift our Venusian energy from self-indulgence and addictions to self-discipline.
Mantra to Venus: Om Shukraya Namah.
Mantras to Lakshmi: Om Mahalakshmai Namah, Om Hreem Shreem Lakshmibhayo Namah.
Mantra to Parashurama: Om Namo Bhagavate Parashuramaya.
All these mantras should ideally be chanted on Fridays. If you don’t feel comfortable meditating and chanting mantras, you can also write them down (preferably 28 or 108 times) in a notebook as an alternative meditative exercise.