In today’s post, I would like to offer some remedies for those who struggle with handling the energy of their natal Saturn. A planet in debilitation is weak in its nature and exhibits very few of its natural beneficial or useful characteristics. It is also considered Sushupta, “sleeping”, so its qualities are in a dormant state. This can be compared to a soldier who is in a deep sleep. He cannot take orders from his general and enemies can easily overpower him.
There are many possible instances indicating the weakness of Saturn in one’s chart. Here are some of them:
- Saturn is debilitated in Aries, while its full debilitation occurs when this planet is in 20 degrees of Aries.
- Saturn low in Shad Bala (planetary strength), especially when it does not meet its required percentage in most Balas.
- Saturn associated with its enemies Sun, Moon, or Mars.
- Saturn combust (very close to the Sun).
- Saturn weak in divisional charts, as indicated by its low Vimshopaka Bala score.
The weakness of Saturn is most prominent in the sign of Aries. Aries is the sign of youthfulness, initiative, new beginnings, brightness, and impulsiveness. Saturn is its opposite — it represents hard work, old age, structure, perseverance, slowness, and delays. A person with afflicted Saturn may find it hard to establish routine, order, and structure in their life. Long-term planning and budgeting can be difficult, because a person may respond too strongly to changes of the moment and lose the sight of future. There are going to be problems with discipline and perseverance. Feelings of melancholy and depression are possible. When Saturn is afflicted, Vata (the wind humour) diseases (problems with bones, joints, migraines, headaches, digestion issues, etc.) will most likely arise in planetary periods ruled by Saturn.
If your Saturn is weak, your coping mechanism might be to structurise your daily routine in a way that is very uptight and does not allow much flexibility. You may also over compensate by taking too many responsibilities on your shoulders or being obsessed with self-improvement. As a result, you will feel frustrated. You may also have a tendency to doubt your abilities whenever problems arise. Strong ego and pride can create issues in your interpersonal relationships. You may struggle with procrastination or holding on to things, people and situations that do not serve you well and are thus not conducive to your well-being. Last but not least, you may have feelings of injustice, as if the burdens imposed upon you are too strong to handle.
The following is a list of both traditional and modern remedies for an afflicted Saturn. If you would like to improve the strength of this planet, pick a few of these suggestions and try to implement them in your daily life.
- Learn how to work patiently, with more perseverance and endurance. Try not to quit when problems arise.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol. As the planet of truthfulness, Saturn would also disapprove of telling lies, gossiping, or cheating.
- Work on your long-term planning and budgeting. Try to be less impulsive in your decisions. Consider the long-term consequences of your actions.
- Associate with older and mature people. Listen to their advice. You do not need to agree with them, but showing some basic respect might be a good idea.
- Give your service and help to parents, elderly people, and teachers (of any kind).
- Respect people from the working class, especially those doing hard, menial jobs. They are all symbolised by Saturn. Appreciate the fruit of their work particularly if you benefit from it personally. This can be a good idea to pacify Saturn if you don’t feel like being overly kind to your parents or older people in your family.
- Practice the art of letting go. Clean both your basement and your emotional life!
- Reduce the stimulation of your senses and find moments of quietude and relaxation, preferably spent in nature. Saturn loves nature!
- Donate your money or things you don’t need to the poor. You can also dedicate your time to any people in need. Selfless giving and service is the best remedy for your Saturn.
- Fast on Saturdays. Alternatively, you can eat only vegetarian food on Saturdays. Avoiding salt can be another good idea.
- Good herbs recommended for a weak Saturn: ashwagandha, myrrh, comfrey root, rosemary, and garlic.
- Good aromas recommended for a weak Saturn: sandalwood, cedar, juniper, frankincense.
When it comes to spiritual practice, you can worship Shani (Saturn in Sanskrit) and Shiva. Revering these deities will help you improve the quality of your natal Saturn.
Mantra to Shani: Om Sham Shanicharaya Namah
Mantra to Shiva: Om Namah Shivaya
It is advisable to chant these mantras on Saturdays, the day dedicated to Saturn. Worshipping Shiva can also be done on Mondays. If you don’t feel comfortable meditating and chanting mantras, you can also write them down (preferably 28 or 108 times) in a notebook as an alternative meditative exercise.
Thank you very much for reading this post. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section. If you need additional lifestyle guidance, I would be most happy to provide you with my Vedic counselling services for an affordable price. Please check the Services section for more information.
May the wisdom of Saturn guide you,
3 thoughts on “Vedic Remedies for Weak or Debilitated Saturn”
Thank you very much. I feel tortured right now.
I have a debilated Saturn in 3 rd house please advice some remedies to over come the effects and please lord shani
I’d recommend mantra to Lord Shani described in the article, fasting on Saturdays, and being more patient in your daily communication with people.